Please help keep our neighborhood a place for all of us – bicyclists, pedestrians and motorists alike
- Stop MTA from taking away all parking on Masonic from Fell to Geary (at least 167 spaces) and reducing the travel lanes during rush hour!
- This $21 million bicycle track project will increase congestion, slow down emergency response time, increase pollution and create a special hardship for residents and businesses on and around Masonic.
- Motor vehicle traffic on Masonic was over 32,000 vehicles per day in 2010; this will increase with the new Target store.
- When planning was done, no consideration was given to what the impacts would be on adjacent streets: Central, Lyon, Baker – and not even on the cross-streets (Fulton, McAllister, etc.) except where they crossed Masonic.
- Masonic can be improved without creating these dangers, impacts and hardships, and without spending $21 million. A better and safer bike route can be created that includes the existing bike lanes along Baker.
Attend the County Transportation Authority (CTA) meeting this Tuesday at 10:30 AM in City Hall – and let us know if you will be able to make it: email email@example.com or call 415-931-7192 and let us know you will be attending and leave a phone number where you can be reached.
Voice your opinion: http://www.savemasonic.com/letter.html
If you can’t attend – and most of us are working – Call or Email the staff of the CTA at
Also the members of the CTA – who are the same as the Board of Supervisors:
our supervisor, Supervisor London Breed (District 5) firstname.lastname@example.org
other supervisors impacted by the Masonic Street Plan
Supervisor Mark Farrell (District 2) email@example.com
Supervisor Eric Mar (District 1) firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to www.SAVEMASONIC.COM for much more info and updates