Why Does 480 Potrero Project Need an EIR?
The Mitigated Neg Dec created by the planning department is not complete and to satisfy CEQA, the project needs:
1) Mitigation to protect the Verdi Club, a historic resource,
2) A full analysis of the environmental effects of digging down 16 feet in the soil containing serpentine and industrial history,
3) Full analysis of the traffic and parking conditions,
4) Full analysis of the shadow effects on parks and public ways,
5) An evaluation of the aesthetics of a building that does not fit the character of the neighborhood.
Without improvements to the infrastructure and transportation this building contributes to a reduction in the quality of life for old and new residents in the neighborhood.
The Supervisors decided to table the matter for two weeks while they investigate the situations that were brought to their attention at the Appeal Hearing. We await the decision while we prepare for a hearing at the Board of Appeals.